Monday, December 30, 2013

Whatever, dudes.

So, it's been about a year since I've updated this blog, and I just don't know if it's something that I really care about or feel like I have the time for. It boils down to this - a blog is just a way of writing one's thoughts down if/when you have time, and a way to get attention for said thoughts.

And I just don't really...care enough to keep this going as a regular thing, I don't think.

Items keeping me from regularly updating this blasted thing:

1. Full time work.
2. Part time school for which I am trying to keep my grades high so I can be an honors student, which requires a lot of focus and dedication on my part.
3. Various projects that I've been a part of at work, the last of which was a Six Sigma project that took up a huge amount of my time, and made me very tired/unmotivated in regards to keeping my blog updated.
4. My lovely husband, who is the kind of man that requires a good amount of attention/love from his wife to keep him happy.
5. Keeping my body healthy, which requires enough dedication that I actually have to...pay attention or something (luckily my work just built an onsite gym, so I should be able to go in before work a few times a week).

Not a hugely long list by any means, but I am also the kind of person that requires some downtime each day to just chill and not worry about anything, on top of the fact that I need around 8 hours of sleep each night (at least) to keep all of the things listed above in working order...I just don't have the time/am not willing to make the time that a blog requires. Some people can do all of the above listed things and still keep this updated regularly, but dude, I just don't care. It's not important to me.

Suffice to say, I'll update this randomly at best. If at all.

The end.

**EDIT**
Also, Christmas just straight up did not happen this year. My semester ended on the 15th or something, at the end of which I had a sinus infection that took around a week or so to get rid of, then I got bronchitis pretty much the weekend before Christmas (going around at work), so we didn't do ANYTHING. I made a very small dinner and we went to see the new Hobbit movie. No gift exchange, no stockings, no decorations. It was ridiculous.

No comments: